Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Jesus!


Today was fun. Celerating the birth of our Lord with family and close friends. Here are a few highlights:

--Lots of food. And lots of chocolate.

--My best friend j.lo and my brother's best friend Brandon both came by and hung out with my family for a while. They are family, so it was fun to have all 6 of us together again. Reminded me of high school days...and riding to school in the 72 Chevelle...in the winter...with no defroster...okay, enough said...

--Jen and I went on our annual Christmas Wendy's food run around noon. Tim came along this year. Can't beat french fries and a frosty on Christmas!

--My mom and I beat my dad and brother at two games of Ukuer. Not one game but two.

--My whole family (dad, mom, tim and I) watched the entire Cowboy vs. Eagle game while we sat by the fire. We haven't all watched a football game together in years. Tim would explain each play to me and would yell loudly at the TV when there was a bad play or a call he didn't agree with. It was a lot of fun!

--Played a massive game of spoons complete with six people and my mom who would scream every time someone went to grab a spoon. It was great and provided lots of laughter. And only two injuries occured: Jen hit her head on the window sill and my dad got his finger smashed. Gotta love Spoons.

--My parents cat, Sam, does not like my brother. She's a moody cat to begin with, but she really doesn't like Tim. If he walks by her she will, without a doubt, hiss at him. I can be holding her and he will try and pet her and she will bat him with her paw. It is truly one of the funniest things ever. I laugh every time.

--Good conversation and hang out time with my friends Scott and Nina at Scott's house. It's great to get together late on Christmas night, after all the festivities and eating has ceased and just relax and enjoy the company of cherised friendships and good friends.

Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments: