Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tornado Warning!

As I type this I'm sitting in a tornado shelter in Ohio waiting out my first ever tornado warning! Apparently, a "twister" has been spotted about 20 miles from where we are.

This insanely loud siren went off and people started running into buildings...! And I'm with a group of about 20 people in this room underground, none of them I know...but a tornado warning makes for a great bonding experience :)

Pretty exciting... I don't know about all this mid-west weather. At the most, we have earthquakes in California...not these crazy tornado's. And the weather here is the craziest thing I've ever seen. It's really calm outside...a little creepy that it's so calm, but people say calm weather is often a sign of good tornado weather.

I'm looking out the window right now, but I've just been told I need to stay away from the window... We shall see!

Nothing like the good ol' mid-west weather to keep you on your toes!

4 comments:

Dakota House said...

um...WHAT?!

Geez I don't read your blog for a couple of days and the next thing I know you are sitting in a tornado.

You are on exciting woman.

Jen Anderson said...

sweet jesus,
are you safe?!

let me know.

earthquakes,
any day of the week!

loooove you.

Derek said...

Be safe! I love you!!!! Crazy girl in crazy weather!

Madi said...

that is so amazing. whata story....i'm kinda jealous!