Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Lord is Preparing Me...

for a future with insects and spiders. I'm convinced of it.

Let's take a trip down memory lane.

1. THIS bug was found in my apartment...on my leg nonetheless. And I screamed like a little girl who just got her ice cream stolen from her.

2. Then there was THIS rodent problem...not quite an insect or spider, but still a living thing that was in my apartment that I CLEARLY did not want there. And again, when I saw it run across my kitchen floor for the first time I also screamed like a little girl, but this time as though I had my fingers slammed in the car door.

3. Then there was THIS incident where the black widow jumped out at me from the cabinet with my pots and pans. I reached down to grab a pot to start dinner and BAM...she jumps out at me and makes me almost fall over. This time I didn't scream, but I almost yelled a few choice words...

4. Next there was the time I purchased a bed frame and opened the box to set it up, only to find cockroaches coming out of the box!! And no, not the little baby cockroaches...I'm talking about the grandma and grandpa's of cockroaches. This time I did scream like a little girl and started stopping them...it looked like I was doing the Irish Jig.

5. And last night...as I was taking the trash out at the house I'm house sitting at, I reach to grab the handle, only to feel a spider web so I quickly moved my hand back and look down to see another black widow! I debated on methods of how to kill it and decided against the "take off my flip flop and smack the life out of it" and decided to grab a can of Raid. I sprayed that sucker the way a bride sprays her hair on her wedding day. Needless to say the Raid won that battle.

All this to say that I'm pretty certain, someway...somehow...the good Lord is preparing me for a future with bugs/insects/rodents...

And I'm really not sure how I feel about this...

2 comments:

Derek said...

I think your calling might be some sort of insect scientist. You might wanna consider that for grad school!

Neen said...

Oh my gosh Becky. I hate spiders, absoultey despise them. They freak me out. I am so sorry that you had these few contacts with them. I hope they don't come around anymore.