Monday, June 30, 2008

For Dani: 42 Things I Love About Summer...

1. Sleeping in
2. Laying Out on rafts in the pool with Jen
3. BBQs with friends
4. Swimming
5. Going to the lake
6. More time with friends
7. Traveling, traveling and more traveling!
8. Shaved Ice
9. Staying up late
10. Summer nights
11. Late evening walks (and it's still light out!)
12. Fireworks on the 4th of July
13. Baseball (Go FSU!)
14. The Beach
15. The peacefulness of the campus at FPU
16. Late night ice cream runs
17. The smell of barbecue in the air
18. Catching fireflies (only in the mid-west though)
19. Picnics
20. Volleyball
21. The smell of a summer night
22. Grilled pineapple
23. Road Trips
24. House-Sitting
25. Staying up late, laying on the grass, looking up at the stars
26. Late night tennis playing
27. Ice cream--any kind and any time
28. Having time to catch up with old friends
29. Corn on the cob
30. Summertime salads
31. The smell of sunblock
32. Running through the sprinklers (when I was younger of course :)
33. The feeling of complete freedom for a small chunk of time
34. Camping
35. Flip flops
36. Juicy watermelon
37. The Olympics (every four years that is)
38. Pedicures
39. Youth group trips (some good memories in that old church van...)
40. Doing nothing and not feeling guilty about it!
41. No school!
42. Lemonade stands

And of course reason #43: the fresh and juicy valley fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, pluots...)

I think some (Dani *cough cough*) doubted that I actually had 42 reasons why I loved summer... but I think I could keep going with reasons...what's there not to love about summer? Okay, the intense heat in the valley is something I could live without! And Dani, I do forgive you for doubting me :)

4 comments:

Derek said...

I do believe a lot of the items on your list were repetitive and only worded differently. I give you a B- on creativity. I think getting to the 42 was a stretch! Haha. Okay, maybe only because random mac videos with Derek wasn't on the list! =) I love you BK!

Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dani said...

Haha I have to agree with Derek, traveling and road trips are the same thing!

Oh and I think you should put that video on your blog!

Jen Anderson said...

traveling and road trips:
not the same!

one is in a car,
one is by plane, train, etc...

plus,
it's a completely different mentality.

i think WE should make a Mac video...

286.