Sunday, February 4, 2007

$90 Is Worth It To Me...


My friend and I hung out today and we cracked walnuts for 4 hours. As the favors for her wedding, her mom is going to make candied walnuts and put them in small boxes with ribbons for each of the guests. A very cute and creative idea.

They live on a walnut orchard, so they have a lot of walnuts at their disposal. I enjoy eating walnuts--though having to crack and take out the nuts of over 500 of them, is more work then one thinks.

It was calculated that they needed 18 pounds of walnuts for 300 favors.

We worked about 4 hours, cracking and picking out walnuts and ended up with about 3 pounds.

When purchased already cracked and ready to eat, walnuts are about $5/pound.

Thus, one could buy 18 pounds of walnuts for $90. Aren't you impressed with my math skills...?

I would easily pay $90 and save myself all the time cracking over 3000 walnuts.

That's just my thought though.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I would being willing to donate the $90 to save people that pain! LOL