Saturday, February 10, 2007

Not Even A Week!

Tonight I held a 6 day old baby in my arms. Yes, that's right, only 6 DAYS old. She (Jenna Elise Obwald) hasn't even been in this big world of ours for a full week yet.

Talk about holding a miracle and trying to grip my mind around knowing 7 days ago she was still inside her mommy's tummy and now I was holding her in my arms...

Seems like a simple thing...but it surely reminded me of how BIG our God is and how he knows exactly what He is doing. How could someone say we weren't divinely created? Babies are a miracle. I don't think I want one of my own yet--because as soon as Jenna started crying I handed her back to mama and that is the beautiful thing about it. You get to enjoy others babies and then go home...to a quiet apartment. One day though, waaaay down the line, I hope to be blessed with babies of my own...someday.

2 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

Holding a new baby, makes you wanna have one...until they cry.

Haha, someday when we're thirty, right?

143!

Arthur Negrete Jr said...

you make me laugh, bk.