Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Few of my Favorites...

Thought I would share. Enjoy...!

“The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.” --Mother Teresa--

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens."
--Frank Herbert--

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
--Erma Bombeck--

"Prostitutes are in no danger of finding their present life so satisfactory that they cannot turn to God: the proud, the avaricious, the self-righteous, are in that danger." --The Problem of Pain (200) C.S. Lewis--

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." --Jim Elliot--

"Perhaps it would be a good idea, fantastic as it sounds, to muffle every telephone, stop every motor and halt all activity for an hour some day to give people a chance to ponder for a few minutes on what it is all about, why they are living and what they really want." --James Truslow Adams (1878-1949)--

No comments: