Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Last Batch...


I finally did it. I finished off the HUGE bag of pancake mix that I bought over a year and a half ago. I bought this big bag of pancake mix for a weekend youth retreat I was heading up. I had a ton of the "just add water" mix left over which was great for when I was in college and usually had very little food to my name, I could just open the bag of pancake mix and simply add water and I had myself a tasty little meal.

Well tonight, after getting back to my apartment late, I decided to make some pancakes and found that I had only enough mix left for one more batch.

I think the bag of mix cost me about $5.98 at Costco and that is by far the BEST $5.98 that I ever used. Never before have I got so much out of spending so little. You could seriously feed over 100 people with that bag of mix...no joke.

So here's my advice for the week: Next time you are at Costco spend the $5.98 and buy yourself a bag of Krusteaz Pancake Mix (be sure to get the "just add water" kind). It's great to have on hand and it last F-O-R-EVER!

I had my bag for a year and a half and it still didn't expire until August 2007! I still had a few more months left on it! Oh how I love pancakes!!! Now only if the milk I bought would last a little bit longer...

No comments: