Friday, January 12, 2007

A Little Piece of Encouragment


I read this today and thought it was interesting and worth posting. I have to say I would classify myself as somewhat of a health nerd (not that I know everything by any means) but I really enjoy learning about nutrition.

So for all of you who made "go on a diet" part of your New Year's resolution, and have found yourself already falling back into old eating habits, there is good news for you...

Keep reading...

"It happens -- a piece of cheesecake here, a missed workout there. But diet detours needn't become guilt-wracked weight loss disasters.

Proof: When researchers put 142 overweight people on the same weight loss program, one group followed it for 14 straight weeks; another took a six week hiatus at the midpoint; the final group took a two week break every few weeks. Eleven months later, everybody had lost an average of 16 pounds.

"It's not the breaks that hurt weight loss efforts," says study author Rena Wing, PhD, of Brown University Medical School. "It's your negative reactions to the breaks and the subsequent downward spiraling." So enjoy your time off, and then get back on track."

No comments: