Sunday, January 28, 2007

Nothing Like Warm Water To Drink


This morning I woke up and went to the refrigerator to get an apple. I took out the apple and cored it using my oh so cool apple corer. As I began to eat a slice I noticed the apple wasn't as cold as usual. I didn't think much of it and went to the refrigerator to get out my nalgene with water in it. As soon as I grabbed it, I knew something was up. The nalgene was warm. I felt the yogurt cups and those were warm too... What was going on here?

I opened my freezer to find the chicken I had in there was completely defrosted and all nasty looking. The hamurger meat in there was pretty gross looking too.

Luckily, there are quite a few living areas around me that have refrigerators (one next door to me to be exact) so I bagged up all my perishable food items and took them next door to be put in theirs. Crisis adverted...at least for now.

I don't know if any of my food will still be good, because I really have no idea how long the frige and freezer weren't working. As I started thinking about it, I realized I did not open my refrigerator once yesterday. I know, pretty sad. But I ate lunch at a friend's house and then I went out to dinner with some friends. I do remember having a drink of water last night from my nalgene and thinking about it now, I realize it was slightly warm, but it was late and I didn't think much of it at the time.

So hopefully tomorrow when the facilities department is working, they'll be able to get this all figured out and maybe I'll even get a new refrigerator! And when it does get worked out, I'll need to go buy some more chicken.

No comments: